Kickstart – Technical Assistant
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Administrator / Assistant? Are you well organised, up to date with current IT technology and can multi-task?
We are currently looking for a young person with strong administrative, organisation, communication and IT skills, who would like to work in a varied role with the opportunity to gain technical industry skills and experience.
Our company is a leading Electrical Utility/Distribution organisation based in the south west region who work closely with licenced distribution companies and construction/property developers of all sizes. We offer training and support to all our employees including apprenticeship and career development programmes, and are now looking to extend this into the Kickstart scheme.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll learn
- How the daily operations in a busy construction industry business work.
- Invaluable experience in handling technical data and completing technical administrative duties
- Competent skills in order to work in a technical environment (engineering, industrial, building services, facilities maintenance, manufacturing)
- How to follow business practices in accordance with company policies
- How to support a diverse team and multi-task across a varying and busy workload
- How to enhance and develop your existing skills and talents
What we are looking for
- Someone who is as willing to learn as we are to teach
- A “Can do” attitude to working and learning new skills
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- The ability to write basic reports
- English and maths GCSE
- FULLY IT Literate - email, word, excel, Microsoft 365
- A methodical working practice
- An interest in technical work in the engineering/construction industry
- The ability to multi task and prioritise workloads
- An effective communicator
What we are offering:
- 6 months employment under the Kickstart Scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Free on-site parking
- Continued support and training
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of further employment/training opportunities
For more information on the Kickstart Scheme please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions
For more information about who we are and our team visit our About page.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, you are aged between 16 – 24 years old and on Universal Credit we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please discuss this opportunity with your local Jobcentre Work Coach for your referral. Please then send your CV along with a covering letter, telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject : Kickstart Technical Administrator and your name.
Please allow 7 days to receive an acknowledgement.